Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love roasted vegetables - this is a simple, meatless meal that's easy to throw together on a weeknight. From Real Simple.
- 12 ounces orecchiette (3 cups) or 12 ounces some other short pasta (3 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.
Wonderful recipe! Hubby and I devoured the whole thing. I added more garlic cloves, used penne pasta and used less oil. I'll be making this one quite often since we love all the ingredients!!
One of my favorites!!! I first had this at work (we have a chef at our hospital cafeteria) and was thrilled when I found this Real Simple recipe. It was just as good made at home as it was at work. Even better, all 3 of our (notoriously picky) boys gobbled this up. They didn't even blink an eye at the broccoli. Followed the recipe just as written, and I KNOW we'll be making this again and again. Thanks for posting!!