Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is a traditional Italian pasta dish, which my mum brought home from one of her trips to Italy. It has a creamy cheese note, which combines very well with the slightly bitter taste of the lettuce.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until it is al dente (aprox. 11 minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the onion into thin slices and stew it in a frying pan toghether with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili and the squashed clove of garlic.
- When the onion is "smudgy", add the chopped radicchio.
- If necessary add more olive oil and turn the mixture over after 3-4 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, pour off the water.
- Then add the onion and radicchio mixture and finally the grated parmesan cheese. Blend well.
- Enjoy (e.g. with a nice side salad or ciabatta bread)!
I've tried this recipe last week for a family dinner and found it simply delicious! Thanks for your recipe!
YUM! The Picky One didn't like the bitterness of the radicchio but the rest of us loved it! I *did* use 2 very small radicchio. And I completely caramelized the onions. I also subbed 2 dried red chili peppers since I didn't have a fresh one. I did also use most excellent parmesan. It's all gone! Thank you, Loula! Made for Veggie Swap 1/11. :)
Made this for lunch this past week. I had cut the recipe in half since we were only 2. I had made this in the morning and just needed to reheat a bit at lunch. I had put in the chili pepper or half of it anyways and it was a definitely zingy dish. I love spice and this definitely had that. So if your not into heat, skip the pepper. I also had a problem with the amount of onions, it just seemed like way too many. So I did cut back on them by using 1 medium to large size. The flavor was great with just that amount for me. The radicchio did add a nice flavor to the whole dish especially with the freshly grated parmesan cheese. Great tasting meal and thanks for sharing your recipe lalaloula. I will post pic when I can get my replacement computer.