Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a traditional Italian pasta dish, which my mum brought home from one of her trips to Italy. It has a creamy cheese note, which combines very well with the slightly bitter taste of the lettuce.
- 500 g orecchiette (pasta shaped like small flat hats)
- 4 -5 medium onions
- 1⁄2 radicchio
- 1 fresh red chili pepper
- 100 -200 g parmesan cheese (depending on how cheesy you would like your dish to be)
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the pasta in salted water until it is al dente (aprox. 11 minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the onion into thin slices and stew it in a frying pan toghether with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili and the squashed clove of garlic.
- When the onion is "smudgy", add the chopped radicchio.
- If necessary add more olive oil and turn the mixture over after 3-4 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, pour off the water.
- Then add the onion and radicchio mixture and finally the grated parmesan cheese. Blend well.
- Enjoy (e.g. with a nice side salad or ciabatta bread)!