Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta and peas, and Italian bacon with a light sauce.
- 8 ounces orecchiette (whole wheat or regular)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- Whisk together, chicken broth and corn starch, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet and saute the Pancetta.
- Whisk broth and corn starch again and stir it into skillet with Pancetta.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add the peas and stir until thawed/heated through.
- Add pasta and stir to mix.
- Put into serving plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with extra Parmesan and black pepper.