Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this looked so good to me i had to add it to my recipes! ijust love the combo of anchovies, olives, garlic--
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- boil orecchiette according to package directions until al dente- drain and set aside put olives, anchovies, herbs garlic and 1 roasted red pepper, and olive oil in a blender,puree season to taste with salt& pepper.
- pour into a large bowl add crushed red pepper, pasta and toss.
- meanwhile cut second red pepper into chunks, add to the pasta mix.
- serve with grated cheese or feta if desired
This recipe surprised me as I thought it may be a bit salty, but it wasn't. The sweetness of the red peppers balanced the kalamata olives and anchovies really well. So much so that I did put a shaving of parmesan over the top. This happens to be my favourite pasta at the moment.
hello chia, have had this recipe in my folder for about 2 years. Well, two nights ago was the right time! It was delicous! :) Used regular black olives instead of kalamata (didn't have any). It was really - a wonderful dish! Thanks for sharing! Diane :) Forgot to give it 5 stars, sorry :(
Wonderful flavours in this simple pasta dish. Everything melded together beautifully and the sauce was rich without being overpowering. I tried this a second time and added a small tin of tuna along with the 'sauce' ingredients - super!