Recipe by Manami
This can be made with any small pasta, such as penne, rotini or bow ties. Orrechiette means little ears, if I'm not mistaken. I found this on pccnaturalmarkets.com - hope you like it! It is easy and quick and is also vegetarian. Just omit the cheese if you choose.
- 10 ounces orecchiette
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts, cut into fourth's
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground coarse pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in saute pan.
- Saute garlic and peppers for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add artichoke hearts and parsley and cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over drained pasta and toss.
- Spoon onto platter and sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
- Serve with meat of your choice, warm bread or rolls and a simple salad of tomatoes with onions or make it a "meatless" meal.