1/2 Photos of Orecchiette With Lemony Grilled Squid, Arugula and Chickpeas
Food & Wine. June 2007. This can also be made with already cut and cleaned squid and/or made on the stove top. Thaw frozen squid first! Don't overcook the squid or it becomes tough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb orecchiette
- 1/2 lb cleaned squid
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed
- 1Light a grill. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- 2Drain the pasta, reserving 6 tablespoons of the cooking water. Return the al dente pasta to the pot.
- 3Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the squid with 1 tablespoon of the oil; season with salt and pepper and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and white throughout, 4 minutes.
- 4Transfer the squid to a work surface. Slice the bodies crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rings and quarter the tentacles.
- 5In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 6Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
- 7Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- 8Stir the lemon-garlic sauce into the pasta. Stir in the arugula, chickpeas, squid and the reserved pasta cooking water.
- 9Cook over low heat, tossing, until the arugula is wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Lemony Grilled Squid, Arugula and Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 169.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 22.8 g