Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Real Simple.
- 1 lb dry orecchiette or 1 lb some other short pasta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, season with the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and peas and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in the cream and 3/4 cup of the Pecorino.
- Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return it to pot. Add the sauce, lemon zest, and mint and toss.
- Divide the pasta among shallow bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Pecorino and pepper.