Orecchiette With Leeks, Peas, and Pecorino
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, season with the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and peas and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in the cream and 3/4 cup of the Pecorino.
- Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return it to pot. Add the sauce, lemon zest, and mint and toss.
- Divide the pasta among shallow bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Pecorino and pepper.