Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light (May 2005).
- 1 (12 ounce) package orecchiette or 1 (12 ounce) packageother small-shaped pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in onion, carrot, and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and next 4 ingredients (everything except spinach and bread crumbs); simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, and cook 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in pasta; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle pasta with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and breadcrumbs before serving.