Interesting combination of the two, to my amazement it turned out tasting quite good. I guess you have gathered by now, that I like to cook and serve the smaller pastas, easier for the "residents" to eat alone. However, this is not for the older generation only, believe me! Found this on Italiancooking and living.com. and have tweaked it a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 small savoy cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb orecchiette
- salt, to taste
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces gorgonzola dolce blue cheese
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated grana padano or 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, garnish (optional)
- 1Heat oil and butter or margarine in large saute pan.
- 2Add the scallions and cook until they begin to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add thyme and cabbage and cook for 20 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, and adding a tablespoon or two of water if it dries out too much.
- 4Pour in wine and cook until it evaporates.
- 5Cook orecchiette according to package directions, using the chicken or vegetable broth.
- 6Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta liquid.
- 7Toss pasta with cabbage mixture.
- 8Add gorgonzola and fold until it melts and add some of the liquid, if sauce needs thinning.
- 9Transfer to serving platter and garnish with parsley and sprinkle with Grana Padano or Parmigiana Reggiano and season with red pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Cabbage and Gorgonzola
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.1
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 950.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: