Food & Wine. To save time you could use jarred roasted red peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with 7 tablespoons of the olive oil, the mint and 2 tablespoons of the oregano; season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- 2Preheat the broiler. Roast the peppers under the broiler, turning, until charred. Transfer to a plastic bag and let steam for 15 minutes.
- 3Peel the peppers, discarding the cores, ribs and seeds; cut the peppers into 1/4 -inch strips.
- 4Brush the feta with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, sprinkle with pepper and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of oregano and broil until golden on both sides.
- 5Broil the sausages, turning, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- 6Cook the pasta in a stockpot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- 7Drain well, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the tomatoes; add the pepper strips. Slice the sausage, crumble the feta and toss both with the pasta; add some of the cooking water if the pasta seems dry.
- 8Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Broiled Feta, Peppers and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.0
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.4 mg
- Sodium 1289.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 37.8 g