Japanese Delight's Note:
This is one of the tastiest ways to perpare broccoli (for a side dish, leave out the pasta). Don't let the anchovies scare you: because they're chopped so fine they melt into the sauce, leaving just a hint of briny flavor that's a perfect complement to the herby broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over hight heat, bring a large saucepan filled with salted water to a boil: add broccoli and cook 5 minute or until tender.
- 2Using a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to a cutting board; chop finely.
- 3Bring the water back to a boil.
- 4Meanwhile, on a clean portion of the cutting board, mince and mash garlic, pepper flakes, anchovy fillets and salt together.
- 5Cook pasta in boiling water according to the package directions; drain.
- 6While pasta cooks, in a large skillet over med. heat, cook garlic mixture in oil for 2 minute until fragrant and slightly golden.
- 7Add broccoli and chicken broth and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 8Drain pasta well and add to broccoli mixture.
- 9Add cheese and spritz with lemon; toss to coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Broccoli Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 447.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g