Recipe by escripps
Pasta dish taken from the recipe list for Be Wise Ranch, an organic produce distributor
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb orecchiette (can substitute with Penne Pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (Large)
- 1 1⁄2 lobs broccoli
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the orecchiette in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, drain well.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil, over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until golden.
- Slice diagonally the stem and floret of the broccoli raab and coarsely chop the broccoli raab greens.
- Add the broccoli raab, crushed red pepper and salt.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the hot chicken stock, sausage and butter and cook over high heat until the sauce reduces slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked orecchiette to the skillet and toss gently.
- Sprinkle half the Parmesan cheese on top and toss, sprinkle the other half and toss again.