Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the Food and Wine site. This is close to heaven!! Fast and Easy perfect for my vegitarian friends.
- 1⁄2 lb orecchiette or 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add salt and then the orecchiette and cook, stirring often, until al dente, about 11 minutes.
- Drain and return the pasta to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonreactive saucepan, melt the butter in the lemon juice and cream over moderately low heat.
- Reduce the heat to very low, and cook until the cream is barely simmering, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir the sauce into the pasta.
- Add the Parmesan, chives, and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and toss.