1/1 Photo of Orecchiette Rabe (Broccoli) Pasta
John Ortega's Note:
This is a great Southern Italian recipe from 150 year old butcher shop in Bari Italy, owner is Leda Monzari. It has a unique bitter flavor from the rappini Italian broccoli, which I cannot get in Russia yet but in most USA markets.Orecchiette Pasta is ear shaped and pinched, get it anywhere in USA.This is different, your friends will come back for more! John Ortega in Moscow,Russia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put olive oil in a non stick pan, add the chopped Garlic, Pepper Flakes, and the Anchovies.
- 2Cook till garlic turns a slight brown.
- 3Put Rape or Rappinni Broccoli in boiling hot water, salt, cook till soft.
- 4Strain rabe from the boiling water and use the green water to boil the Orecchiette pasta.
- 5Strain water from pasta, add pasta and rape to olive oil mixture,garlic,anchovie mixture, toss and serve it hot.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette Rabe (Broccoli) Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: