Recipe by Chef Remy #186273
This is an excellent recipe if you like mushrooms. I use a cobination of reconstituted Porcini mushrooms (that I can get dried at my local food store), baby bella, and button mushrooms that I soak in the porcini water. The combination is awesome.
Top Review by Shazzie
The flavour of this dish is outstanding! I used button, black, oyster, and reconstituted chanterel mushrooms. I went overboard with the mushrooms and had enough for the following night too, so to ring the changes I added a little white sauce - only slightly 'cheesed' so as not to overwhelm the mushroom flavours - resulting in a creamier and still very tasty dish. Thank you.
- 12 ounces orecchiette (or other pata if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb assorted wild mushroom, stems trimmed, wiped clean, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Cover to keep warm.
- If you are re-constituting dried mushrooms, boil slightly in a separate pot or pan until they have absorbed enough water to make them tender.
- If you are re-constituting dried mushrooms, add the fresh mushrooms to them for about 1 minute to allow them to absorb some of the wild mushroom flavor.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream.
- Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Add the pasta, stir to coat with the sauce, and cook until the pasta is heated through, 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and divide equaly among serving bowls or plates.
- Sprinkle each serving with chives and serve immediately.