Recipe by Mrs Goodall
Got this off of Epicurious Television, by Michael Lomonaco. I would substitute prosciutto for the ham.
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (fresh are fine)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cut into thin strips (or prosciutto)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, warm 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. When butter starts to bubble, add onion and cook for 3 - 4minutes, until translucent, stirring often.
- Add the peas and water to the pan and cook 3 minutes, stirring. Stir in the ham and cook 2 minutes. Add the cream; bring to a low simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta; place in a large serving bowl.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons butter into the cream mixture over low heat until melted.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Pour sauce over pasta to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!