Mrs Goodall's Note:
Got this off of Epicurious Television, by Michael Lomonaco. I would substitute prosciutto for the ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, warm 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. When butter starts to bubble, add onion and cook for 3 - 4minutes, until translucent, stirring often.
- 3Add the peas and water to the pan and cook 3 minutes, stirring. Stir in the ham and cook 2 minutes. Add the cream; bring to a low simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- 4Drain the pasta; place in a large serving bowl.
- 5Stir remaining 2 tablespoons butter into the cream mixture over low heat until melted.
- 6Stir in the cheese.
- 7Pour sauce over pasta to coat.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette Pasta With Peas, Ham and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.4
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 231.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 26.9 g