Recipe by Manami
Made this for a friend who wasn't able to eat regular food and this was better than puree. What I did was mash the broccoli up but she wanted hot sauce and I opted for the chili it wasn't that hot!
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 dried chili, crumbled (to taste)
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a deep, wide sauté pan.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden; add the chili and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add the orecchiette and salt, and after 10 minutes, add the broccoli.
- Cook until the orecchiete are “al dente”, about 10 more minutes; drain, but not too thoroughly: you want to leave a little of the cooking water clinging to the orecchiette.