Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a simple recipe that can be prepared very quickly. The sausage nests well with the pasta, the broccoli rabe blends well with the garlic and sausage flavors and the Feta tops it all off. Well balanced meal that sounds more difficult to make than it is.... Enjoy !!
- 226.79 g hot Italian sausage
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried fennel
- 2 anchovies
- 453.59 g orecchiette
- 453.59 g broccoli rabe or 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large Saute Pan up to medium heat. Place in the EVOO, once it starts to dance, place in the garlic and anchovies. Combine together, being careful not to burn the garlic, should only take a few minutes. Keep Stirring. Add in the loose Sausage and fennel, continue stirring till the sausage is browned. Turn to low and hold.
- While the Sausage is cooking, add the salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add in the Orecchiette, set the timer for 5 minutes. Prep the broccoli rabe to small 1.5”x1.5” cuts. When the timer is up for the Pasta, add in the broccoli rabe and cook for 5 additional minutes. When pasta & broccoli are cooked, pull a cup of the water and save (it might be used in the next step).
- Turn the Sausage mixture back up to a medium heat. Drain the Pasta and Broccoli, add it to the Saute Pan and stir in with the Sausage (add in the water a little at a time to keep mixture moist). Burn-off the liquid after a few minutes (while turning the mixture) and add and cut in the Feta.