Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely dish with a bit of sweet from the raisins. You can use any shape pasta you like but I find that small shells, penne, or spirals make a good substitute for the orcchiette if need be. I also like this with whole wheat pasta. Don't let the anchovies scare you. If you just can't stand it, I've left them out b4 and it was still good but the anchovies are a nice balance to the sweet raisins. The origional recipe says 1/4 cup raisins so I am putting that, but we love raisins and I typically add a whole cup.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for about 3 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Menwhile, saute onion in 1/4 cup of the oil until soft.
- Add the drained broccoli and the drained raisins and stir into the onions. Cook on low-med flame for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling water as directed on package, until al dente.
- Add the pine nuts to the broccoli mixture and just before draining the pasta add the anchovies. Don't add them any sooner because they will give the dish a fishy taste if overcooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with the salt because the anchovies and the cheese might be enough for some people, it is for me. Lower flame to a low light, just to keep it warm.
- Drain pasta and add to broccoli mixture and toss well.
- Either pass cheese at the table or toss it in as well (thats what I do).