1/1 Photo of Orecchiette, Caramelized Onions, Sugar Snap Peas & Ricotta
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
I found this awesome recipe in bon appettit magazine. We love it! I always find that it takes a little longer to get the onions the way I like them than the recipe says so allow a little extra time for that. For the best technique for the onions I use Caramelized Onions. It's the best way I've found to do them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 946.36 ml packed chopped onions
- 226.79 g package trimmed sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 226.79 g package orecchiette (little ear-shaped pasta) or 226.79 g package pasta shells
- 118.29 ml whole milk ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml torn fresh basil leaf
- 7.39 ml finely grated lemon peel
- 1Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions. Sauté until onions are pale golden, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; sauté onions until tender and deep golden, about 15 minutes longer. Transfer 3/4 cup sautéed onions to small bowl; reserve for frittata. Add peas to onions in skillet. Sauté until peas are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- 2Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 3Add pasta and 1/2 cup cooking liquid to onion mixture; stir over medium-high heat 30 seconds. Mix in ricotta, basil, and lemon peel, adding more cooking liquid to moisten as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette, Caramelized Onions, Sugar Snap Peas & Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 36.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g