Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy cake with an Oreo cookie tunnel. Starts with a cake mix so it is very simple. Very different from any of the other cake recipes here on Zaar that contain Oreos. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 24 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Combine Oreos, chocolate chips, flour and melted butter. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, water and eggs until completely blended.
- Pour half the cake batter into pan.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the Oreo mixture over the cake batter.
- Top with remaining batter, then top with the remaining Oreo mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Put cake on plate allow to cool completely.
- Mix confectioners sugar and milk till smooth and drizzle over cake.
I have wanted to try this cake for a long time, and finally did make it over the week-end. The cake itself was sort of dry. I would use milk next time and a package of vanilla pudding mix to try and make the cake more moist. With just water and eggs, the cake itself is dry. The oreas and chocolate chips were very good. With a few tweaks this would be a wonderful cake. It is quite easy to make.
5 stars or more, this is a great cake. This cake is full of the flavor of cookies and the buttery yellow cake. The oreos combined with the chocolate chips is wonderful. Oh, I cheated just a tiny bit I bought an upscale off brand of oreos. I'm sorry I just can not make myself spend $3.89 for a bag of cookies, these were a dollar cheaper. I really couldn't taste much difference in them and the real thing.
I made this cake for company last night. It was quick & easy to make, however next time I would simply follow the directions from the cake mix box to make the cake. Instead of putting the remaining Oreo filling on the top of the cake batter I put it at the bottom.