Recipe by Elaine
Yummy cake with an Oreo cookie tunnel. Starts with a cake mix so it is very simple. Very different from any of the other cake recipes here on Zaar that contain Oreos. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by pamela t.
I have wanted to try this cake for a long time, and finally did make it over the week-end. The cake itself was sort of dry. I would use milk next time and a package of vanilla pudding mix to try and make the cake more moist. With just water and eggs, the cake itself is dry. The oreas and chocolate chips were very good. With a few tweaks this would be a wonderful cake. It is quite easy to make.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 24 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Combine Oreos, chocolate chips, flour and melted butter. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, water and eggs until completely blended.
- Pour half the cake batter into pan.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the Oreo mixture over the cake batter.
- Top with remaining batter, then top with the remaining Oreo mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Put cake on plate allow to cool completely.
- Mix confectioners sugar and milk till smooth and drizzle over cake.