4 hrs 30 mins
A fall homey dessert made in the slow cooker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 firm bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
- 2 large tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Coat slow cooker with butter-flavored cooking spray or grease with butter.
- 2Make the fruit mixture: put the fruit in the cooker; sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, and cornstarch; toss to coat the fruit.
- 3Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- 4Make the topping: in a food processor, combine the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon; add in butter and pulse to make coarse crumbs.
- 5After the 30 minutes, spread the topping evenly over the fruit, leaving a ½-inch border without topping to prevent burning.
- 6Cover, decrease heat to LOW, and cook 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours until the fruit is tender.
- 7Test by sticking a knife into the center of the crumble, when it passes through the fruit with little resistance, the crumble is done.
- 8Uncover and let cool for 10 minutes before serving; serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orchard Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 68.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g