4 hrs 30 mins
A fall homey dessert made in the slow cooker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 firm bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
- 2 large tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Coat slow cooker with butter-flavored cooking spray or grease with butter.
- 2Make the fruit mixture: put the fruit in the cooker; sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, and cornstarch; toss to coat the fruit.
- 3Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- 4Make the topping: in a food processor, combine the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon; add in butter and pulse to make coarse crumbs.
- 5After the 30 minutes, spread the topping evenly over the fruit, leaving a ½-inch border without topping to prevent burning.
- 6Cover, decrease heat to LOW, and cook 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours until the fruit is tender.
- 7Test by sticking a knife into the center of the crumble, when it passes through the fruit with little resistance, the crumble is done.
- 8Uncover and let cool for 10 minutes before serving; serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orchard Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 68.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g