Recipe by Aunt Cookie
From Vegetarian Times magazine. This is a nice, simple dessert that does not require you to use the oven at all. Perfect for summer!
- 5 large navel oranges
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml orange blossom water
- 118.29 ml dried cherries
- 59.14 ml toasted almond, chopped
- of fresh mint (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the skin and pith from the oranges with a knife.
- Section the oranges between membranes so that there is nothing left but the flesh.
- Allow the excess juice to drip away from the oranges (unless you want the finished product to be wetter).
- Place the orange sections in a bowl; add all ingredients but the mint and toss to mix.
- Garnish with the mint.