This German cookie recipe has become a Christmas tradition in our family, but is yummy year round. The combination of orange and chocolate is wonderful!
- Grate chocolate.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar. Add egg and shredded orange peel.
- Sift flour and baking powder, and add to creamed mixture along with the grated chocolate.
- You may knead the dough together by hand.
- Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out dough to 5mm thickness, and cut with cookie cutters of desired shape.
- Transfer cookies to cookie sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from sheets to a rack to cool.
- Sift icing sugar. Stir in enough orange juice to make a glaze.
- Glaze the bottom of each cooled cookie.