Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Around the World Cookbook. Amount of honey may be adjusted to suit your own taste. Times do not include chilling time.
- 1 large lemon
- 5 oranges, divided
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- ice, for serving
- water, for serving
- Grate the zest of the lemon and one of the oranges. Set zest aside.
- Squeeze the lemon and all the oranges.
- Place juice and zest in a saucepan and add honey.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- Boil about 5 minutes, or until mixture is reduced by half.
- Pour into a covered container, cool and refrigerate.
- To serve, place a tablespoon of the mixture in a tall glass.
- Fill glass with ice and water.
Refreshing is what this should be called. Loved the perkiness of the lemon and orange flavors and how the addition of the cinnamon, clove and honey tamed it so there it was smooth to drink. I made the mixture this morning, strained it and now hubby and I are enjoying our glasses after dinner on the deck. Great beverage to have on hand in the fridge. Congrats on your Food Trivia win.