Recipe by Outta Here
A citrusy bar cookie, with zucchini to make them moist.
Top Review by weekend cooker
WOW !! Very nice recipe, with great results. Made these for us as an afternoon, afterschool treat. I left out the salt, but the flavors really came out in these. Very easy to prepare, and a nice change of pace for a light snack. This one is a winner. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together; stir in walnuts and zucchini.
- In another bowl, mix egg, orange juice and oil.
- Fold into dry ingredients and add orange zest.
- Spoon into pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool; cut into squares.