Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A citrusy bar cookie, with zucchini to make them moist.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together; stir in walnuts and zucchini.
- In another bowl, mix egg, orange juice and oil.
- Fold into dry ingredients and add orange zest.
- Spoon into pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool; cut into squares.
WOW !! Very nice recipe, with great results. Made these for us as an afternoon, afterschool treat. I left out the salt, but the flavors really came out in these. Very easy to prepare, and a nice change of pace for a light snack. This one is a winner. Made for PRMR tag.
Great little tasties, these, which I made to share at potluck we attended, & before the end of the event they were all gone! I did use a rounded measure of the orange zest, but that was the only change I made! Will be making these again soon, so that my other half, as well as my son & DIL can enjoy more than just one bar! Thanks for sharing this recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]