Recipe by archimageiros
Simple to put together with a gourmet finish. An interesting twist on a Southern favorite. My own creation.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Now here's a great new way to serve pasta! Absolutely delicious! I did include the optional bell pepper, scallions & garlic powder, but did leave out the paprika! A very, very nice keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chef in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 4 cups cooked macaroni or 4 cups other pastas
- 1⁄2 orange, zest and juice of
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 onion, diced very fine
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, to taste
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 scallions, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- black pepper
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients. Best with lots of black pepper, in my opinion.
- Orange flavor will get stronger as it sits in the fridge. Zesting all the peel from the 1/2 orange will make the orange flavor rather strong, especially if you plan to refrigerate before serving.
- If you don't have a zester, crosshatch an area of orange peel with light cuts from a sharp knife, then "shave" the pieces off. It's very easy and with heavy crosshatching yields results comparable to using a good zester.