- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 6 medium very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream sugar and butter until light. Add bananas, eggs, orange juice, and zest. Mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and fold into the banana mixture. Divide between 2 greased 9x5 inches loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until firm in the middle.
- Cool the loaves on wire rack for 1/2 hour before you remove them from the pans. They freeze well.