Recipe by Stephanie Z.
Inspired by the all of the baking ingredients in this summer's RSC!
Top Review by andypandy
The recipe didn't work for my family. It turned out to be too heavy like a banana bread not a cake, which I think is in the tittle name. Also the butter, cheese and I used cool whip blended together was also heavy and left a very oily after feel of oil deposits on the roof of the mouth. Maybe the cake could use beaten egg whites at the end folded in, and or more baking powder to lighten that part up. And the butter left out of the frosting, and use less powdered sugar in the frosting, and use as a filling instead. Sorry I couldn't give a better review, but just not to our family liking.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup banana (overripe and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces prepared whipped cream (Cool Whip works well or 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping, Cool Whip works well)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-1 cup confectioners' sugar, to taste
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease two 9 inch round pans.
- Combine mayonnaise, Splenda (or sugar), vanilla,.
- and bananas in a large bowl.
- Combine sifted flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking.
- soda, baking powder, and salt; gently fold in to.
- the mayonnaise mixture. Pour into cake pans.
- Bake cake about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick.
- inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove.
- from oven, and cool on wire racks.
- For mascarpone frosting, beat mascarpone, whipped.
- topping, butter, and vanila in a bowl. Add.
- confectioner's sugar gradually and to taste,.
- beating until smooth.
- Frost cake when cooled. Place the bottom layer.
- on a serving plate; spread with about 1/4 of the.
- frosting mixture. Place the top layer on the.
- cake; frost the tops and sides of the cake with.
- the remaining frosting.
- Decorate with banana slices. Dust tops and sides.
- with graham cracker crumbs. Feel free to be.
- creative here!