1/1 Photo of Orange Yogurt Muffins
From William Sonoma kitchen library. I love the light flavor of these muffins. You can choose to serve as is or top with the optional glaze I've included with the recipe. ***updated/correction*** 2/4/09 - Due to the reviews I realize I need to adjust the servings and the ingredient measurements for the glaze. ***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large oranges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (additional, not a mistake)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and butter or spray standard muffin tins.
- 2Finely grate the zest from the oranges (zest only the bright orange portion of the peel)- you will end up with approximately 1/4 c of zest.
- 3In a small saucepan, combine the zest, first 1/4 cup of sugar and the water; stir together over medium heat for about 2 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- 4Add the butter and stir until melted, about 1 minute more.
- 5Set aside orange zest mixture.
- 6In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the second 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 7In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk and reserved orange zest mixture until smooth.
- 8Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended (do not overmix).
- 9Spoon into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup three-quarters full.
- 10Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in tins for 3-5 minutes and then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- 12****FOR GLAZE****.
- 13Combine all the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl and whisk together briskly until smooth and very well blended.
- 14If glaze is too stiff, beat in a few more drops of orange juice.
- 15Brush or spoon over the muffins while they are still a bit warm.
- 16You will end up with almost 1/2 cup of glaze which should be enough for the 18 muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Yogurt Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 267.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g