Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Submitting for ZWT. Cook time does not include chill time
- 1 navel orange, zest and 1/4 cup juice (plus extra zest if desired for garnish)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 32 ounces containter plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine orange zest, 1/2 cup cream, sugar and salt over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let steep 20 minutes.
- Pour orange juice into medium bowl, sprinkle with gelatin and let soften, about 5 minutes.
- Bring cream and sugar mixture to simmer again and then pour through a fine-mesh sieve onto gelatin, pressing on zest to extract flavor.
- Discard zest.
- Whisk until gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in yogurt.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat remain 1 cup cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold gently into yogurt mixture.
- Divide into six glasses or bowls and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and extra orange zest before serving.