Recipe by Kim127
Posted in response to a request for acorn squash recipes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I used a butternut & from the large oranges got as much zest & juice as I possibly could ~ Made for a great squash-&-orange combo! It's definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 4 cups cooked mashed winter squash (such as butternut or acorn)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 large oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix squash, 2 tablespoons butter, cream, salt and pepper and pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from oranges.
- Combine rind, juice, cornstarch and brown sugar and heat over low heat until thickened.
- Stir 1/4 cup butter into orange mixture.
- Pour over squash.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.