Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another nice, yet simple wings recipe.
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Mix all ingredients, except the chicken wings, in a bowl.
- Add the chicken wings and marinate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the wings from the marinade.
- I discard the marinade and do not baste the wings during cooking.
- Roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes in a, shallow and parchment paper lined, baking tray.
Sorry to say these were nothing special. A lot of liquid in the pan made the wings kind of wet, where we would've preferred them crispier. The orange marinade was OK.
A nice wing recipe. I like the orange flavor. I cut off the tips and just used the two drummets on each wing. I halved the cayenne pepper I should have used the whole amount. It was not spicy at all. I was in a hurry so marinated for 40 minutes cooked at 375 and basted with the sauce every 15 minutes which just turned out to be before I put in and then 1 more time before I was out of sauce.
The bomb! Whoa - had these for an appy party - they were gone in a flash! Made totally as directed and they were so good. Loved the citrus flavor. Thanks so much Pets. Made for Cook-a-thon for Pets'R'us.