I was feeling a little adventurous this morning and decided to shake up the basic pancake recipe. The orange flavor is noticeable, but subtle, and melds nicely with the white chocolate chips. They were a huge hit.
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together, including the orange zest but NOT the butter.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the melted butter and stir it in!
- Preheat your griddle/pan over medium heat. When it is nice and toasty, rub a little butter (or non-stick cooking spray) across the surface. It should sizzle and bubble just a little, but should not be smoking.
- Pour batter onto your pan using a 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. When you get the beginnings of the tell-tale bubbles, sprinkle some white chocolate chips onto the wet pancake. However many you use is up to you. A little does go a long way, since they will melt and spread out a little.
- When the bubbles are really talking to you, flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Enjoy with the toppings of your choice.