Delicious, sweet, and aromatic cookies. My little brother closes his eyes when he eats them and thinks they taste like Trix cereal. I think they just taste delightful. The first time I made this recipe I spilled 1/3 bottle of the orange extract in the bowl. The cookies were still great. If you are partial to orange flavor, add a full tablespoon instead of the recommended amount below.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend butter and sugars until creamy (use medium speed with an electric mixer.)
- Add egg, orange rind and extract, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating just until blended.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for two minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.