Recipe by Dine & Dish
Posted in request to a cheesecake that uses White Chocolate Morsels. I got this from Nestle's a few years ago and have made it several times. It is a wonderful cheesecake and the hint of orange will keep your guests coming back for more!
Top Review by iris5555
I found a similar recipe on the Nestle's website--the recipe now includes Cool Whip rather than whipped cream and a layer of their swirled morsels. I didn't like the swirled morsels in the cheesecake but the cheesecake layer was excellent. I used a teaspoon of orange extract rather than orange zest. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange rind
- fresh orange slice (optional)
- chocolate graham cracker crumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine crumbs and butter in medium bowl.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Combine orange juice and gelatin in small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until gelatin dissolves.
- Melt morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70%) power for 1 minute; then stir.
- The morsels may retain some of their original shape.
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until combined.
- Gradually stir in gelatin mixture and melted morsels.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream and orange peel into cheese mixture.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Cover; refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with orange slices and chocolate graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
- Remove side of pan.