1/2 Photos of Orange, White Chocolate & Apricot Pastries
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
These are a treat. Your family and friends will think that they took forever to bake, only you need know how quick and easy they were to make. It'll be our little secret.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vanilla bean yogurt
- 1/2 cup thick sour cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh orange, chunks, small
- 1/4 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted, finely chopped
- 1Add the fresh squeezed orange juice to the diced dried apricots to stew for an hour.
- 2Unfold the thawed pastry and place on a baking sheet.
- 3Score into 8 rectangles.
- 4Sprinkle the pastry lightly with cinnamon.
- 5Bake puff pastry in a 375 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- 6Drain the orange juice from the apricots and making sure that the apricots are well drained, set the apricots aside till needed.
- 7Cool pastry on wire rack.
- 8Once the pastry has cooled cut along the scored lines of the pastry sheet.
- 9In a bowl mix the yogurt, sour cream and brown sugar together.
- 10Divide the yogurt mixture into two bowls.
- 11To the first bowl add the small, fresh orange chunks, the stewed, well drained, diced apricots and the grated white chocolate.
- 12In the second bowl add the coconut milk, orange rind and the toasted coconut.
- 13To start assembling the pastry, split the 8 pastry rectangles in half horizontally.
- 14You should now have 16 rectangle pieces of pastry.
- 15You will need two pieces of pastry per treat.
- 16Spread 2 tbsp of the yogurt, fruit, chocolate mixture on top of the pastry portions without cinnamon.
- 17Place the remaining cinnamon topped pastry rectangle over top and spoon the remaining yogurt mixture of orange rind and toasted coconut on top of the final puff pastry.
- 18Garnish with finely chopped toasted walnuts.
- 19Serve immediately or cover and chill no longer than 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange, White Chocolate & Apricot Pastries
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 96.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g