Prep1 hr 15 mins
These are a treat. Your family and friends will think that they took forever to bake, only you need know how quick and easy they were to make. It'll be our little secret.
- 8 ounces puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla bean yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup thick sour cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange, chunks, small
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted, finely chopped
- Add the fresh squeezed orange juice to the diced dried apricots to stew for an hour.
- Unfold the thawed pastry and place on a baking sheet.
- Score into 8 rectangles.
- Sprinkle the pastry lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake puff pastry in a 375 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Drain the orange juice from the apricots and making sure that the apricots are well drained, set the apricots aside till needed.
- Cool pastry on wire rack.
- Once the pastry has cooled cut along the scored lines of the pastry sheet.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, sour cream and brown sugar together.
- Divide the yogurt mixture into two bowls.
- To the first bowl add the small, fresh orange chunks, the stewed, well drained, diced apricots and the grated white chocolate.
- In the second bowl add the coconut milk, orange rind and the toasted coconut.
- To start assembling the pastry, split the 8 pastry rectangles in half horizontally.
- You should now have 16 rectangle pieces of pastry.
- You will need two pieces of pastry per treat.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the yogurt, fruit, chocolate mixture on top of the pastry portions without cinnamon.
- Place the remaining cinnamon topped pastry rectangle over top and spoon the remaining yogurt mixture of orange rind and toasted coconut on top of the final puff pastry.
- Garnish with finely chopped toasted walnuts.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill no longer than 2 hours.