Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister-in-law Margaret asked me to make this for Thanksgiving. I had never heard of it before! I had to scour the internet for a recipe and sort of melded several together to make it the way she wanted it. You can also add pineapple tidbits as well as oranges to the gelatin.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple and gelatin. Mix well and chill for 1/2 an hour.
- Add sour cream to fruit; stir to mix.
- Gently fold in whipped topping; chill and serve.
This is another of those I-remember-way-back-when' recipes ~ VERY, VERY NICE! I did add an extra can of mandarin oranges, but then I really like 'em! Thanks you for the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
Hey Gillian, I enjoyed this refreshing recipe,it could not be any easier to make.Thank you for sharing!! Dula
To stretch this recipe, I use the drained fruit juice,add 1/3 cup cold water and 1 pkg Knox unflavored gelatin to it,let it set until soft, then heat, stir until dissolved. Pour into a small bowl to set, then whip and add to fruit with the sour cream, then add the whipped topping. This is a good make ahead recipe, do it all except the whipped topping and do that right before serving. You "melded" the right ingredients Gillian Spence! Thanks for posting!