Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Gold Medal flour recipe. I havent tried this yet. It can be easily variated...you could make any flavor under the sun practically.Buy some Kool aid and your all set to make fun fruit slices.
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unsweetened orange kool-aid (or wylers)
- 1 cup of orange colored granulated sugar or 1 cup plain granulated sugar
- Peheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar, kool aid and egg in bowl and hand beat.
- Add flour and cream of tartar and stir until mixed.
- Divide mixture into 8 pieces and roll into a ball.
- Roll each piece in sugar until well coated.
- Wrap each ball with plastic wrap.
- Put into refridgerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut each ball into 8 wedges.
- Put wedges on a ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown and wedges are set.
- Remove onto a wire rack and let cool.