Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe came from another web site; I altered it only slightly. Prep time includes the aprox. hour it will take for cubed watermelon to freeze.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed and frozen
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Freeze cubed watemelon in a single layer on a cookie sheet,@ 1 hour.
- In a blender combine, combine lime juice, sugar, tequila, and orange liquer.
- Add watermelon chunks a few at a time, blending into a thick smooth slush.
- Pous salt onto a small plate.
- Rub glass rims with a lime wedge to moisten.
- Dip rims in salt.
- Pour margaritas mixture into glasses; garnish with lie wedges.