Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spin on a middle-eastern theme. Great winter salad.
- 4 oranges
- 1 red onion
- 12 black olives
- 3 cups watercress leaves or 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- Cut a slice from the top and bottom of each orange, then stand it on end and cut down so that the peel and pith are removed.
- Cut the oranges into 6 segments (or slices if you prefer).
- Cut the onion into fine segments.
- Gently brown the almonds and allow them to cool.
- Halve the olives and remove the pips.
- Mix the oil, vinegar honey, salt and pepper as a salad dressing.
- Mix the orange, onion, watercress (or spinach) and mint leaves, and add the dressing.
- Top with olives and almonds.