Recipe by CL Creek
I pull this out of my %$#^ this evening cause my wife said she wanted orange chicken stir fry. I am guessing at the quantities and directions, but I wanted to type it up so I didn't forget; we really enjoyed it. We placed it on basmati rice that I cooked in chicken stock with butter and Italian seasoning. Next time I cook this I will use the directions I typed up and correct it if I need to.
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free soy sauce (wheat free)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup walnuts (broken into pieces)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (more if you need it)
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup baby corn (change this to what you like)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (change this to what you like)
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts (change this to what you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and mix with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup orange juice (with pulp is better), 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2+/- tablespoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers. set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds in a clean dry skillet then set aside.
- Add corn oil to wok and then add small amount of sesame oil bring up to medium heat and add walnuts. Cook walnuts for 1 minute or until toasted (over toasted walnuts will add a strong flavor, good but strong). Remove walnuts to serving plate.
- Add chicken to wok and cook for 5 minutes. Remove chicken and place on top of walnuts.
- Add ginger cook for a few seconds then add baby corn, water chestnuts, and bean sprouts and cook for 5 +/- minutes.
- Add walnuts and chicken back completely mix then push to sides to create hole. Stir the sauce and then pour into hole and bring to a boil. After the sauce had thickened (keep stirring sauce) completely mix for a minute then transfer to serving plate.