CL Creek's Note:
I pull this out of my %$#^ this evening cause my wife said she wanted orange chicken stir fry. I am guessing at the quantities and directions, but I wanted to type it up so I didn't forget; we really enjoyed it. We placed it on basmati rice that I cooked in chicken stock with butter and Italian seasoning. Next time I cook this I will use the directions I typed up and correct it if I need to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce (wheat free)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup walnuts (broken into pieces)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (more if you need it)
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot (grated)
- 1/2 cup baby corn (change this to what you like)
- 1/2 cup water chestnut (change this to what you like)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (change this to what you like)
- 1Dice chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and mix with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl mix 1/4 cup orange juice (with pulp is better), 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2+/- tablespoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers. set aside.
- 3Toast sesame seeds in a clean dry skillet then set aside.
- 4Add corn oil to wok and then add small amount of sesame oil bring up to medium heat and add walnuts. Cook walnuts for 1 minute or until toasted (over toasted walnuts will add a strong flavor, good but strong). Remove walnuts to serving plate.
- 5Add chicken to wok and cook for 5 minutes. Remove chicken and place on top of walnuts.
- 6Add ginger cook for a few seconds then add baby corn, water chestnuts, and bean sprouts and cook for 5 +/- minutes.
- 7Add walnuts and chicken back completely mix then push to sides to create hole. Stir the sauce and then pour into hole and bring to a boil. After the sauce had thickened (keep stirring sauce) completely mix for a minute then transfer to serving plate.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Walnut Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 66.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free soy sauce