1/1 Photo of Orange Walnut Salad (Paula Deen)
This is as pretty as it is easy. The sweet and sour salad dressing would be delicious on a variety of other salads as well. Paula Deen made this on Food Network and it looked so delicious I had to try it right away! This recipe is large enough for a big dinner party, but don't be afraid to rescale for a smaller group.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 heads bibb lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh spinach, cleaned and torn into bite size pieces
- 3 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and seeded
- 3/4 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (I used pecan halves)
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1In large salad bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, oranges and onion.
- 2Melt butter and sauté walnuts until lightly browned (this will just take 2 or 3 minutes).
- 3Sprinkle over lettuce mixture.
- 4To make dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jar, shake well and chill in refrigerator.
- 5Shake again before serving.
- 6Hint: To cut oranges so there is no membrane--cut peel and outer membrane off with paring knife.
- 7Cut orange in half across segments.
- 8Slip knife around and free each segment from membrane.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Walnut Salad (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.5
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 415.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g