Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From taste of home! yum! marinating time is included in cooking time.
Make and share this Orange Walnut Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic, clove minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind, of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice concentrate, 2 T. oil, soy sauce, and garlic. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Remove chicken; reserve marinade.
- In a skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan sauté walnuts in butter until lightly browned; remove and set aside. Set aside 1/4 cup of green onions for garnish. Add remaining onions to saucepan; sauté until tender. Add reserved marinade and the next 8 ingredients. Bring to a rolling boil; boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serve chicken over rice; top with sauce and reserved walnuts and onions.