Recipe by na #2
This mildly orange flavored cake can be topped with an orange icing and dotted with candied orange peel, if desired. It can be eaten the same day as it is baked and tastes delicious. TIP: For easy removal from pan, grease pan and then line bottom with waxed or parchment paper. Recipe is from: My Great Recipes Card 90
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (15 ounce) package golden raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix flour and baking powder well.
- Add to first mixture, mixing well.
- Add orange rind, orange juice, walnuts, and raisins, stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, wrap in foil.