Mary Scheffert's Note:
These have a wonderful orange scent as they bake, and they taste just as good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients on list above).
- 2In a small bowl slightly beat eggs& egg yolk together, and add to the dry ingredients along with the extract& the melted butter.
- 3Mix by hand with a wooden spoon or with hands.
- 4If dough is too stiff, add some juice from the zested orange.
- 5Turn dough out onto work surface; knead lightly and form into two logs.
- 6Place logs on lightly greased cookie sheet& flatten slightly.
- 7Brush logs with beaten egg white.
- 8Bake 30 minutes; let cool completely, then slice each log diagonally into 1" slices with serrated knife, using a sawing motion.
- 9Stand the slices on the cookie sheet and return to the oven.
- 10Bake an additional 7-10 minutes or until crisp.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Walnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1084 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 41.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of
lemons, zest of