Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the Red Lion B&B website. These can be made OAMC. Just make the waffles then flash freeze them (individually) before putting them in ziplock bags. Label and date. To reheat, put in the toaster or microwave.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pulp free orange juice
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- In large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In separate bowl combine eggs, milk, orange juice and butter; beat well. Add orange zest to egg mixture ; pour this into flour mixture beating well until mixture is smooth.
- Ladle onto hot, well-oiled waffle iron and cook until waffles are golden. Serve hot with butter, jam and syrup.
Just the perfect recipe! Fluffy, light waffles. I won't need to ever use another waffle recipe again.
Great recipe, very flavorful. I substituted unsweetened vanilla almond milk for the regular milk. It was a little thick for my tastes, but I just added a little more almond milk at the end. Perfect!
I have made this recipe in the past and it never fails me. To change up the fat content a little. I used 4 Large Omega 3 Eggs and 4 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil Trans Fat Free. As a bonus, you cannot see in my picture, because I ate them :) But I managed to get 10 Waffles from this recipe with these modifications. This is truly a keeper! Thank You for sharing!