Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another copy cat recipe. This one closely resembles a local cafe's signature salad dressing. Delicious on a salad of field greens or spring mix. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl with a whisk.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
- Place in a cruet or jar with lid and refrigerate.
I'm not usually much for salad dressings, but my other half is, & I must admit that we both thoroughly enjoyed this homemade one, which has a very satisfying citrus flavor! Think I'll keep this recipe around! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]